Friday, February 15, 2008

Goin' back to school

So not a whole lot of exciting things to update on. Wisconsin, or more specifically Madison, continues to lure just the right mix of weather to produce boat loads of snow. We're at a record breaking 80 inches for the year and another 6-8 is expected Sunday. I'm getting some quality upper body workouts in with all the shoveling - balance right?

Our household is finally healthy again so training is back into high gear which usually means two workouts a day. I can't take more than 2 hours on the trainer at a time. I've also gotten into a routine of going to the gym to lift and run on the treadmill. I feel guilty not running outside but I'm not a big fan of snow covered and slippery sidewalks. I managed a full hour the other day - kind of like a hamster in a wheel but my Ipod is my salvation.

The biggest news for me is that I've taken on a long term substitute teaching position for the rest of the school year. I've been a pretty casual sub for the past two years along with my part time retail gigs so it will be a huge change. It's an absolutely perfect scenario though and they're even willing to let me take three weeks off in May/June for racing. So starting Monday I'll be teaching three freshman Biology and two Advanced Bio classes at the high school down the street from where I live. Should be an interesting adventure and I'm sure I'll learn as much as my students do throughout the semester. I'm pretty excited about it and it should be a lot of fun. I'll let you know how it goes :)

No picture updates for now but maybe I'll bring the camera along tomorrow when we go skiing with some friends. Walking in a winter wonderland . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome Kristin (the teaching gig)! I started teaching full time this past semester (bio and A & P). No time to ride but I'm having so much FUN! Take care-
CarrieAnn