Friday, October 19, 2007

Badger Cross



My maiden entry into blog-dom. Can't promise it will all be worthwhile reading or really even that interesting. But I might as well give it a shot. Hopefully my family will get a kick out of keeping better tabs on me anyway!

Above shot is from the cross race last Sunday at Badger Prairie. Two words - muddy mess. I don't pretend to be a good technical rider and the course certainly challenged me. Nothing like having absolutely no brakes the last two laps either! Devon H. from IL schooled me both days to take back to back wins. I managed a second Saturday at Cam Rock and then fell to third on Sunday when Abby snuck past me on the final twisty section before the finish. Next week I'm hoping to stay upright!

Props to Renee Callaway and her CVC crew for putting on a great race and making racing cross in Wisconsin such a cool experience! Her dedication to updating madcross and taking photos is unbelievable!

No comments: